8. Chicken With Black Pepper Sauce
Chicken with Black Pepper Sauce is a favorite at Chinese buffets. Now the equivalent can be made in the convenience of the home. Simple, delicious, and very filling.
9. Lemon Chicken
Lemon Chicken is best served over steamed rice. Other side options are rice noodles or fried rice. This recipe is also great for those who love garlic and it takes very little time to prepare.
10. Mandarin Chicken
Mandarin Chicken takes a bit longer to prepare, but is very much worth the wait. Very easy to prepare. Serve with steamed vegetables and steamed rice.
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size equal pieces (easier to cut when partially frozen)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup sugar (or less, according to taste)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Spray chicken breasts with vegetable oil spray.
- Grill chicken breasts 4-6 mins per side or until done (chicken should be brown in spots).
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium until sugar is dissolved, stirring often.
- Bring to boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Add to sauce pan, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer 4-6 mins or until sauce thickens.
- Pour chicken into a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Heat until chicken sizzles, then reduce heat and pour sauce over the chicken.
- Heat through.
- Serve over white rice.